Thu, Jun 08|
Summer Retreat (2023)
Learn how to manage the heat of summer with Ayurveda, yoga and meditation in this four-day, 3-night retreat in Winter Park, Colorado.
Time & Location
Jun 08, 2023, 8:00 AM – Jun 12, 2023, 12:00 PM
Winter Park, Winter Park, CO 80482, USA
About the event
Summer is all about fun in the sun! Most people enjoy taking vacations, hosting barbecues, working in the yard, running kids to camps and doing any number of outdoor activities during the hottest time of the year. With so many adventures, it's the perfect time to forego routine, structure and healthy habits which often results in overexertion, dehydration, and a general feeling of 'being overheated'.
Prepare for summer in this educational, hands-on retreat where we'll provide ways to combat the increasing heat of Pitta from accumulating in the body. Using food, tea, yoga, pranayama and intention, we'll teach you how to move gracefully in and out of summer without the residual side effects of irritability, indigestion, anger and inflammation.
What you can expect:
- Overview of Ayurveda, one of the oldest medical systems in the world
- Lectures about the Pitta dosha with handouts, slides and group work
- Daily yoga practices designed to release trapped heat from the body
- Tips on what to eat and avoid during the season
- Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of imbalance due to accumulating heat & Pitta
- Twice daily pranayama practices using breathwork ideal for summer
- Daily guided and silent meditations
- 3 cooking lessons appropriate to the season (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Art and creative exploration activities
- Daily sound baths
- Accommodations (shared rooms) for 3 nights, 4 days*
- All meals, beverages, and snacks for the duration of the retreat
- Time and activities in nature (TBD based weather forecast) in beautiful Winter Park, Colorado
- Socializing and connecting with our community
- Downtime for thoughtful reflection
Our chosen location is a well-appointed, luxury 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom home with a hot tub. All pricing is per person and reflects each guest sharing a bedroom (and in some cases beds sized king or queen). If you require a private room, you will need to purchase 'two tickets' and contact us.
Terms & Conditions:
Due to limited availability (max 10 guests) and the popularity of our retreats, we ask that you only book your reservation if you can confidently participate in the entirety of the event. We do not accommodate partial stays as it is disruptive to the flow of our carefully curated activities and schedule, and it creates a fragmented experience for our guests. Partial refunds (75%) will be provided for cancellations received prior to 11:59 p.m. (MDT) on April 1, 2023.
This is an alcohol, electronics, sex, weapons, fragrance and smoke-free event. Limiting these substances, activites and items helps us create the optimal setting for connection with universal consciousness and yourself. You will have dedicated time for electronics (laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc) 3x a day for a total of 45 minutes/day. Otherwise, we ask that you respect and honor our human connection guidelines and leave the devices at home. Analog and digital cameras are welcome, but use of smartphone cameras are prohibited outside of 'electronic's time'.
A detailed schedule, recommended packing list and some pre-event paperwork will be provided 2 weeks prior to the start of the retreat. All paperwork MUST be completed and received by the deadlines indicated to ensure the success of the program.
This event is open to the public and available for all humans. Race, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, etc. are not a consideration during room assignments. We do, however, take safety seriously and you will be asked to agree and adhere to our safety and discrimination guidelines.
Summer Retreat 2023
This is your ticket to spend 3 nights & 4 days in beautiful Winter Park learning how to establish boundaries, routines and healthy habits before the summer season ensues.$1,200.00