Thu, Feb 22|
Spring Retreat (2024)
Spring is the perfect time to freshen up using Ayurveda, yoga and meditation in this four-day, 3-night retreat in Sedona, Arizona.
Time & Location
Feb 22, 2024, 8:00 AM – Feb 25, 2024, 12:00 PM
Sedona, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
About the event
It's time to awaken your senses and begin a new cycle of personal growth and development! Spring is on it's way and all of nature is abuzz with excitement. As new leaves begin forming and the hardening of winter is melting away, so too is your body and mind ready to shed the fat and heft of winter's hibernation.
Spring forward with some pep in your step during this educational, hands-on retreat where we'll provide ways to combat the mucus and heaviness of winter on account of too much Kapha dosha in the body. Using food, tea, yoga, pranayama and intention, we'll teach you how to move gracefully into spring so you feel energized, vibrant and prepared for the busyness of summer.
What you can expect:
- Lectures about the five base elements in Ayurveda (water, earth, air, ether and fire)
- Daily yoga practices designed to increase heat and agni (digestive fire)
- Tips on what to eat and avoid during the season
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of sluggish digestion, lymph and glucose intolerance
- Twice a day pranayama practices using breathwork ideal for releasing stagnant energy
- Daily guided meditations
- 3 cooking lessons appropriate to the season (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Daily sound baths
- Accommodations (shared rooms) for 3 nights*
- All meals, beverages, snacks for the duration of the retreat
- Time in nature either walking, hiking, biking or meditating in fabulous Sedona, Arizona
- Socializing and connecting with our lovely community