Thu, Aug 24|
Autumn & Early Winter Retreat (2023)
Learn how to manage the transition from summer to autumn with Ayurveda, yoga and meditation in this four-day, 3-night retreat in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Time & Location
Aug 24, 2023, 8:00 AM – Aug 27, 2023, 12:00 PM
Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM, USA
About the event
In Ayurveda, we believe autumn and early winter are the Vata times of year. It's a time when nature prepares for hybernation by 'drying out'. Leaves are dropping, the wind picks up, and cooler weather begins to make an appearance. The fun of summer has given way to 'the return of normalcy' with school and work taking center stage. The transition from heat to dryness is particularly tricky for the body and you may experience hayfever, sore throats, anxietyy and disrupted sleep patterns if you don't make some modifications to diet, exercise and lifestyle.
Prepare for autumn and early winter in this educational, hands-on retreat where we'll provide ways to combat the accumulating dryness and help you transition from summer to autumn with ease. Using food, tea, yoga, pranayama and intention, we'll teach you how to move gracefully in and out of autumn and early winter without the residual side effects of anxiety, insomnia, arthritic flare ups, constipation and dehydration.
What you can expect:
- Lectures about the Vata dosha with handouts, slides and group work
- Daily yoga practices designed to increase grounding
- Tips on what to eat and avoid during the season
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of imbalance due to accumulating Vata
- Twice a day pranayama practices using breathwork ideal for grounding during the season
- Daily guided meditations
- 3 cooking lessons appropriate to the season (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Daily sound baths
- Accommodations (shared rooms) for 3 nights*
- All meals, beverages, snacks for the duration of the retreat
- Time in nature either hiking, jogging, walking or ??? in artistic Sante Fe, New Mexico
- Socializing and connecting with our lovely community