Time & Location
Apr 29, 2023, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
We will be exploring the world of diamond art, also known as diamond painting! This class is great for beginners and experienced artists alike!
According to alldiamondpainting.com, "Diamond Painting is the name of a mosaic art form in which the artist creates a painting by sticking small resins that sparkle like diamonds on a canvas that has corresponding numbers printed by all the colors of the diamonds." It's similar to paint-by-numbers only no mess... or should I say limited mess?
I have had so much fun working with this medium! Because it's so straightforward, it's a great opportunity to do an active meditation while still producing something tangible and special.
What to expect...
During our class, you will:
- Learn the history and context of diamond painting
- Create a beautiful piece of diamond art (9x9 pre-printed canvas) to take home and complete
- Participate in intermittent silent meditations - specific times to become the silent observer of your thoughts and come into present moment awareness while working
- Socialize with other artists
- Enjoy refreshments and a light lunch
At the end of the class, you will walk away with friends, memories and a piece of art you can treasure or gift.